The Secretary, Public Service Commission would like to inform the General Public that:
1. New Posts from the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions and Office of the President have been added as Addendum to PSC External Advert (GRE) No. 1 of 2023 that appeared in the New Vision Newspaper of Monday 20th February, 2023 with a closing date of 13th March, 2023.
2. The closing date for the initial advert will now be Monday 20th March, 2023.
The detailed Job Descriptions and Person Specifications for the posts and the procedure for application is contained in the main Advert posted on the Public Service Commission
MINISTRY: OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
POST: ASSISTANT SECRETARY ( 07 VACANCIES)
REF: HRM 147/286/01
SALARY: UGANDA GOVERNMENT SCALE U4
AGE: 21 YEARS AND ABOVE
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Arts; or Social Sciences; or Development Studies; or Social Work and Social Administration; or Commerce (Management); or Business Administration (Management option); or Management Science; or Law; or a related field from a recognized University/Institution.
The Incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Assistant Secretary for performing the
– Supervising the delivery of goods and services;
– Assembling and collating data for planning purposes;
– Supervising mail, postage and courier services;
– Supervising reception facilities;
– Taking and distributing minutes of meetings;
– Making preparation for Ministry or Department functions;
– Assisting in the management of vehicles;
– Compiling data and information for public speeches;
– Coordinating travel arrangements for senior officers in the Ministry or Department
– Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.