Applications are invited from suitable and eligible citizens of Uganda to fill the following vacant posts available in the Judiciary Service as specified below. Applicants will be subject to all the Terms and Conditions set out herein.
Applications on Judicial Service Commission Form 1 should be submitted online to the Secretary Judicial Service Commission (JSC), in a single document to application emails provided against each position on offer which should be received not later than 5:00 p.m East African Time of 28th November, 2022.
The Judicial Service Commission Form No. 1 of 2021 can be accessed at www. jsc.go.ug
Applicants should attach on a duly completed Form and in the order provided herewith the following:
(i) a copy of National ID
(ii) a passport size photograph
(iii) an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
(iv) names, contacts and letters of recommendation of two (2) Professional and two (2) Character referees
(v) copies of academic certificates and transcripts certified by the issuing Institution
(vi) a certified copy of the latest and complete Declaration of Income, Assets and Liabilities from the Inspectorate of Government for applicants in Judiciary Service/Public Service
(vii) An applicants’ self-assessment declaration on competences whose details and format can be accessed at www.jsc.go.ug
- Post : Registrar
Reference : HRM 77/182/02 Vol. 2
Salary Scale : J5S1-SE
Number of Vacancies : 06
Reports to : Chief Registrar
Application Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Qualifications and Working Experience:
Applicants should be in possession of an Ordinary Level Certificate, Advanced Level Certificate, a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Degree from a recognized University / Institution and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre or a recognized Institution.
Applicants should have served as a Deputy Registrar for at least One (1) Year or Assistant Registrar for at least two (2) years or a similar position in a reputable organization / institution for at least two (2) years.
Any relevant advanced/post graduate qualification(s), ICT qualification(s) as well as work experience will be an added advantage. A Certificate of Enrolment is a requirement.
Applicants appointed to this position will act for a period of one (1) year before being appointed in a substantive capacity upon performance evaluation being conducted.
The successful candidate will be responsible to the Chief Registrar in performing the following duties:
1. Perform judicial functions prescribed by law
2. Manage the Registry and supervise staff
3. Organize sessions and Court sittings for the Court
4. Ensure that Court case records are complete before cause listing
5. Prepare meetings of Justices/Judges, Staff and Users of the Court
6. Be the sub-accounting Officer for all funds of the Court
7. Managing an Inventory of Judiciary assets
8. Prepare performance and activity reports of the Court on a monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual basis
9. Promote a positive image of the Judiciary by adhering to the Judicial Code of Conduct, core values and zero tolerance to corruption
10. Ensure the Registry, Archives and Exhibit stores are organized
11. Carry out any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the supervisor
TERMS AND CONDTIONS PERTAINING TO THIS ADVERT:
- APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY FOR ONLY ONE POSITION ON OFFER IN THIS ADVERT. MULTIPLEAPPLICATIONS BY AN APPLICANT SHALL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
- ONLY DOCUMENTS SPECIFIED IN THIS ADVERT SHOULD BE SUBMITTED/ENCLOSED.
- AN APPLICANT WHO IS NOT CONTACTED BY THE COMMISSION BY 17TH FEBRUARY, 2023 SHOULDREGARD HIS OR HER APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
- NO APPLICANT OR HIS/HER AGENT SHOULD CONTACT ANY MEMBER, OFFICER OR STAFF OF THE COMMISSION. CANVASSING BY APPLICANTS OR FOR AND ON BEHALF OF APPLICANTS SHALL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
- THIS APPLICATION PROCESS IS FREE. NO ONE SHOULD PAY MONEY TO ANYONE FOR ANY SERVICE RELATING TO THIS RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
- ANY COMPLAINT OR CLARIFICATION REGARDING THIS RECRUITMENT PROGRAMME SHOULD BESENT BY EMAIL TO THE SECRETARY, JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION ON EMAIL: email@example.com
THE JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION IS A CONSTITUTIONAL COMMISSION ESTABLISHED UNDER CHAPTER 8 OF THE CONSTITUTION, THE JUDICIAL SERVICE ACT AND REGULATIONS MADE THEREUNDER,