PLANT OPERATOR I (VEHICLE TEST DRIVER) (6 POSITIONS)
The Plant Operator I (Vehicle Test Driver) is responsible for driving and maintaining the assigned Production Vehicles and Production Equipment in the production and Market Validation environment in accordance with the company processes, guidelines and regulations as well as the Traffic and Road Safety Act 1998 (As Amended) and other applicable regulations.
Salary Scale: KT6(1)
Reports to: Plant Supervisor
- Testing and Driving Production Vehicles and Production Equipment.
- Operating Mobility Energy and Technology Systems for Testing EVs and ICE Production Vehicles.
- Logging and Reporting test data from vehicle test and market validation drills to the supervising officer.
- Carrying out basic maintenance and cleaning of the Production Vehicles and Production Equipment.
- Reporting all Technical and Mechanical defects of the Production Vehicles and Production Equipment to the supervising officer.
- Observing all Health Safety and Environmental requirements during the execution of duties assigned.
- Preparing Monthly Work Plans and Performance Reports necessary for executing the above duties and responsibilities; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Company from time to time.
(a) Qualifications (Minimum Requirements)
- Valid Driving License to Drive a Bus (Minimum Class/Group DE).
- Certificate in Defensive Driving.
(b) Experience (Minimum Requirements)
- Three (3) years’ experience in Driving Medium and Heavy Duties Buses and Commercial Vehicles with knowledge of Manual, Automatic and Electric Transmission (Must Undergo a Personality Test). Experience in driving Medium to Heavy Electric Vehicles and Operating Mobility Energy and Technology Systems (Chargers and Fuel Pumps) is an added advantage.
It is important to note that there exists a strong link between foundational skills and job performance. Therefore, Kiira Motors Corporation will endeavor to recruit human resources with foundational skills which are often a prerequisite for one to learn new industry-specific skills. The Applicant should therefore demonstrate at least the basic foundational competencies in line with the Kiira Motors Corporation Competency Model which are critical for both individual and organizational success.
To apply for any of the available jobs, you must send your application through email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. No applications will be accepted after Midnight on 18th November 2022 (as recorded by the mail server). Clearly indicate the Position you are applying for in the Subject of your email. Please note that we are not accepting hand-delivered applications. Applicants employed by our strategic partners are required to provide evidence that they have been cleared by the responsible authority to apply for any of the available jobs.
Your application should include the following documents Only in PDF Format:
- A Duly signed application Letter (Cover Letter) addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Kiira Motors Corporation.
- A Duly signed CV (Please use this CV template and fill all the fields as guided. Download the template onto your computer to start filling it in).
- Certified copies of Academic Documents (Certificates and Transcripts). Only copies certified by the awarding institution will be accepted. Qualifications obtained outside Uganda should be notarized.
EVALUATION OF THE APPLICATION
We do appreciate your interest in working with us, however, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews through e-mail and Telephone calls within ten (10) working days after close of Applications.
Kiira Motors Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of tribe, religion, marital status, age, political affiliation, disability, pregnancy, gender, HIV Status, or any other status protected under the laws of Uganda.
Shortlisted candidates shall sit a Competence and Aptitude Test. All candidates who pass the Competence and Aptitude Test shall proceed to the next stage which shall be the Oral Interview. Candidates shall be informed of the date and time of the Tests/Interviews two (2) working days in advance.