Applications are invited from suitable and eligible citizens of Uganda to fill the following vacant posts available in the Judiciary Service as specified below. Applicants will be subject to all the Terms and Conditions set out herein.
Applications on Judicial Service Commission Form 1 should be submitted online to the Secretary Judicial Service Commission (JSC), in a single document to application emails provided against each position on offer which should be received not later than 5:00 p.m East African Time of 28th November, 2022.
The Judicial Service Commission Form No. 1 of 2021 can be accessed at www. jsc.go.ug
Applicants should attach on a duly completed Form and in the order provided herewith the following:
(i) a copy of National ID
(ii) a passport size photograph
(iii) an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
(iv) names, contacts and letters of recommendation of two (2) Professional and two (2) Character referees
(v) copies of academic certificates and transcripts certified by the issuing Institution
(vi) a certified copy of the latest and complete Declaration of Income, Assets and Liabilities from the Inspectorate of Government for applicants in Judiciary Service/Public Service
(vii) An applicants’ self-assessment declaration on competences whose details and format can be accessed at www.jsc.go.ug
- Post : High Court Judge
Reference : HRM 77/180/01 Vol.5
Salary Scale : Specified
Number of Vacancies : 11
Reports to : Principal Judge we
Application Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
Applicants should be in possession of an Ordinary Level Certificate, Advanced Level Certificate, a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Degree from a recognized University / Institution and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre or a recognized Institution.
Applicants should be or have been a Judge of a court having unlimited jurisdiction in civil and criminal matters or a court having jurisdiction in appeals from any such court or has practiced as an Advocate for a period not less than ten (10) years before a court having unlimited jurisdiction in civil and criminal matters.
Any relevant advanced/post graduate qualification(s), CT qualification(s) as well as work experience will be an added advantage. A Certificate of Enrolment is a requirement.
For the above vacancy, any period during which a person has served as a Public Officer holding an office for which qualification for an advocate is required shall be taken into account in calculating the various period of practice required above.
Applicants appointed to this position will act for a period of two (2) years before they are appointed in a substantive capacity upon performance evaluation being conducted.
To adjudicate cases subject to the jurisdiction of the High Court of Uganda in accordance with the Constitution.
TERMS AND CONDTIONS PERTAINING TO THIS ADVERT:
- APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY FOR ONLY ONE POSITION ON OFFER IN THIS ADVERT. MULTIPLEAPPLICATIONS BY AN APPLICANT SHALL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
- ONLY DOCUMENTS SPECIFIED IN THIS ADVERT SHOULD BE SUBMITTED/ENCLOSED.
- AN APPLICANT WHO IS NOT CONTACTED BY THE COMMISSION BY 17TH FEBRUARY, 2023 SHOULDREGARD HIS OR HER APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
- NO APPLICANT OR HIS/HER AGENT SHOULD CONTACT ANY MEMBER, OFFICER OR STAFF OF THE COMMISSION. CANVASSING BY APPLICANTS OR FOR AND ON BEHALF OF APPLICANTS SHALL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
- THIS APPLICATION PROCESS IS FREE. NO ONE SHOULD PAY MONEY TO ANYONE FOR ANY SERVICE RELATING TO THIS RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
- ANY COMPLAINT OR CLARIFICATION REGARDING THIS RECRUITMENT PROGRAMME SHOULD BESENT BY EMAIL TO THE SECRETARY, JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION ON EMAIL: email@example.com
THE JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION IS A CONSTITUTIONAL COMMISSION ESTABLISHED UNDER CHAPTER 8 OF THE CONSTITUTION, THE JUDICIAL SERVICE ACT AND REGULATIONS MADE THEREUNDER,