Duty Station: MU-JHU Head office
Contract terms: One year (renewable)
Description and purpose:
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for providing leadership and technical expertise to the IT function at MU-JHU. He/she will be a hands-on problem-solver with experience leading a busy technical team, in a multi-sponsor, multi-regulator environment, and working with other multi-disciplinary teams to provide ICT solutions for various research, clinical and strategic functions. He/she will be on the cutting edge of industry knowledge and technological advances, agile, and adaptable, conversant with relevant regulatory standards, sponsor requirements and industry best practices. He/she should be able to technical support and capacity building for both technical and non-technical persons within the work environment. He/she will have excellent people skills and be experienced in conducting high-level engagements including with international partners.
Required qualifications and Profile:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology
- Industry standard Information Security Certification and relevant Technology Certifications.
- Master’s Degree in ICT, Biostatistics or Health Informatics is desirable.
- Extensive experience in ICT infrastructure and systems including Mac/Windows/Linux client and server environment, and administrative systems.
- Experience developing, customizing, or supporting information management systems, databases, applications, and electronic data capture systems is advantageous.
- Working knowledge of programming languages and their applicability is desirable.
- Capacity to lead others, focus on goals and obtain results.
- Proven ability to develop positive relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, both internal and external to MU-JHU.
- Excellent communication skills and can explain complex concepts clearly and simply.
- Well-developed negotiation and influencing skills
- In-depth knowledge of administrative procedures such as budgeting, reporting, planning, presentation, quality assurance and managing people is a distinct advantage.
The holder of this position will work under the direct supervision of the Director, Strategic Planning and Partnership and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Strategic Outcome: Develop and manage the ICT Operational Plan and ensure continuity of organizational ICT services and the overall management of projects and technical teams within the context of the MU-JHU Strategic Plan. Provide technical advice to leadership on IT advances, and support IT planning functions for various teams.
- Operational Leadership: Supervise and assess the work of the IT technical team in accordance with their role and performance reviews. Lead team to ensure set goals are achieved within timelines, and user needs in all sectors of the organization are address in a timely manner. Manage all institutional electronic/digital information, and other IT resources, implementing safeguards and complying with all policy provisions governing tools, infrastructure, information and data.
- Budgets and Contracts: Provide technical support to other leaders in the development of plans, budgets, projections, reports and other documentation relating to ICT items and services.
- Planning/Policy Development: Determine opportunities for improvement of current IT infrastructure and systems and evaluate future IT needs, consulting with resource persons within and outside the organisation and recommend changes.
- Core Systems Administration/Reporting: Lead establishment, development and maintenance of robust ICT infrastructure and systems at all MU-JHU sites including recovery and continuity plans in the event of down-time or damage to systems.
Applications with complete C.Vs, including 3 referees and their full address or contact telephone number, copies of academic certificates and testimonials, should be addressed to the MU-JHU Director Human Resources, through the reception on first floor, MUJHU 1 Building or sent by email (application should not exceed 15MBs) to HR@mujhu.org – not later than 8th December, 2023 by 5.30pm. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.