Oil palm Uganda Limited (OPUL) is a joint venture on tripartite agreement between the Government of Uganda through Kalanagala Out growers trust (KOPGT), Bidco Uganda Limited (BUL), Josovina, and Wilmar international. The partnership has established over 10,000 hectares of palm oil plantation geared at supplying crude palm oil to their modern edible oil processing complex in Masese, Jinja. OPUL is a backward integration
component for BUL geared at serving the African markets with our final brands of fortified edible oils, fats and laundry soap from our Masese refinery.
We wish to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced individual to fill the following vacancy;
Position: EHS/Sustainability Officer
Duty Station: Uganda Upstream Business
Reports to: Head of EHS/S
The Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Officer will be responsible for adherence to National Regulations/Acts and promoting good practices in accordance with Environmental, Health and Safety
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist to implement and maintain policies and guidelines on Environment, Health and Safety.
2. Develop, implement, administer and maintain EHS protocol on use of PPEs and adherence to safety and health related programs.
3. Carry out monthly audit for all Palm Oil Mills and Plantations
4. Prepare and implement the EHS training plan in coordination with EHS Head and HRD
5. Formulate corporate short term and long term EHS objectives and plans
6. Carry out accident and incident investigations and submit relevant reports.
7. Promote EHS plans, monitor, evaluate and report performance against plan.
8 Submit monthly reports on all EHS activities and Sustainability to HOD.
9. Maintain contacts with external parties regarding environment, Health and Safety, including government institutions.
10. Provide advice on Environment, Health and safety to line departments
11, Adhere to the health, safety and QMS guidelines at all times.
42. Provide guidance to all supervisors and workers on High Conservation Value Areas (HCV), High Carbon Stocks (HCS) and general sustainability with regard to NDPE
13. Participant in implementing the corporate EHS strategy and objectives
14. Update all EHS data on Hazard, Near miss, Incidents and accidents in Enablon
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
1. The ideal candidate must be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree Environmental Management, Engineering or Environmental Resources Management
2. Possession of environmental management certification is added advantage
3. Good organizational, planning and presentation skills
4. Good understanding of occupational health and Safety legislation
5. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Enablon
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the above specifications should send their application & CV to;
The Head of Human Resources NOT later than February 15th 2023 by email: Mukalu.Abbey@opul.co.ug or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please caption on Subject line with the name of the position being applied for and the last name of candidate.
NB: OPUL is an equal opportunity employer and does not solicit for money from job applicants, jobs are strictly awarded on merit.