REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: LABORATORY MANAGER
To conduct generalized laboratory investigations for disease diagnosis, treatment, prevention and
- Laboratory investigations done and results interpreted.
- Clinical staff advised on proper collection, handling and transportation of specimen.
- Quality assurance measures and safety precautions in the Laboratory enforced.
- Laboratory data compiled, analyzed and performance reports prepared and submitted.
- Laboratory materials and sundries requisitioned and accounted for.
- Primary health care activities supported.
- Supplies for Laboratories requisitioned and accounted for.
- Professional and service code of conduct adhered to.
- Environment, storage conditions monitored, and safe working environment maintained.
- Analyzing and interpreting laboratory test results and submit reports.
- Liaising with Ward management in the preparation of patients for Laboratory tests.
- Advising Clinical Staff in collection, handling and transportation of specimens to the Laboratory.
- Requisitioning and accounting for laboratory materials and sundries.
- Maintaining an inventory of the laboratory equipment and ensure their functionality.
- Enforcing safety and quality control measures in the laboratory.
- Participating in primary health care activities.
- Compiling, analyzing and preparing performance reports for submission to relevant authorities.
- Any other assigned duties.
- To monitor environment and storage conditions in the laboratory and maintain a safe working environment.
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE
- Must have a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Techniques from a recognized Institution.
- Must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
PROFESSIONAL & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Information Technology.
- Result orientation.
- Concern for quality and standards.
- Ethics and integrity.
- Communication; and Time management
Applications to be sent to email@example.com. Only the ones sent in the email will be considered. Please specify which position you are applying for in the subject line.