Position: Environmental and Quality Officer
Position/Task Grade: C2
Area of specialization: To execute environmental management activities within the designated area of the business.
Department: Risk Department
Business Unit: Eskom Uganda Limited
Location: Nalubaale & Kiira Power Station
Reference Number: QE/2022/11/01
Closing Date: 11th November 2022
Applications must be submitted electronically at email@example.com
• Bachelors’ Degree in Environmental Engineering/ Science
• Post qualification experience in environment and quality management
• 3 years of practical and related work experience.
1. Provide support in implementing and executing the implementation of an ISO 14001 environment Management System and related procedures.
2. Provide support in implementing and executing the ISO 9001 Quality Management System and related procedures.
3. Ensure compliance to legislative and governance requirements of the designated area of the
business through the implementation of compliance measures.
4. Execute the process of obtaining Environmental approvals.
5. Implement and monitor environmental management plans.
6. Perform environmental incident investigations.
• Strong drive to learn
• Be results and delivery focused
• Be able to work as part of a team
• Safety consciousness
• Strong communication skills
• Entrepreneurial mind-set and Self-starter
• Conflict resolution
• Ability to deliver on expectations
• EMS (ISO 14001) and QMS (ISO 9001)
• Quality assurance
• Business Management Systems
• Environmental Impact Assessments
• Approval process for statutory environmental approvals (e.g. Environmental
Authorization, waste management, Environmental Impact Assessments)
• Environmental risk and due-diligence assessments
• Environmental law and Environmental auditing
• Environmental incident investigations
• Communication skills and Presentation skills
• Diversity management
• Analytical and logical thinking
• Attention to detail
• Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
• Practical demonstrations of the ability to interact and mobilise stakeholders
• Knowledge of Eskom business policies and procedures
• Knowledge of environmental statutory requirements
• Multi-disciplinary problem solving
• Ability to write effective and professional reports
• Attention to details
• Strong business acumen
• Case study presentation
• Psychometric assessment
NOTE: Application should be in one PDF document
“If you have not been contacted within 28 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.”
“Eskom is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity. In accordance with the employment equity plan of Eskom and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups. Eskom reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised”.