Position: Data Clerk
Duty Station: Bundibugyo District field office
Reports to : M&E Coordinator
ACODEV is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) that was established in 2003 and fully registered by the Government of Uganda. Initially founded as a self funded health program to fill service delivery gap in communities during the political insurgency in the Rwenzori region that witnessed human rights abuses, gender-based violence, breakdown in social and health systems; ACODEV has grown and expanded its programs for the benefit of communities targeting children, women, Men and youth in various districts of the country. Today we have presence in more than 28 districts in Western, Central and Northern regions of the country. We are spreading our wings with different innovative development and humanitarian programs to other parts of Uganda.
ACODEV envisions a society where children, women and men are happy, healthy and economically productive. We strive to serve and empower individuals, families and communities through innovative solutions in the areas of human rights, HIV/AIDS, Sexual reproductive health, child health and institutional capacity strengthening. Our values include mutual respect for all, commitment, integrity and excellence. Our interventions are now anchored on i) Health Systems Strengthening, (ii) Health Promotion (iii) Gender and Human Rights iv) Education v). Institutional Development vi) Climate Change and Disaster risk reduction.
The Family Planning Data Clerk will be charged with ensuring effective project data and information management and storage is up to date and available for the M&E officers to make use of.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Impact
- Entering data tools into the project database.
- Suggesting improvements in the database that can informs better reporting in line with the donor requirements and ACODEV.
- Tracking the complete and incomplete referrals for VHT monthly and correctly entering them in project database,
- Routinely participating in monthly data collection exercises
- Supporting the Filing of the data tools following the ACODEV data storage policy
- Identifying and documenting data quality issues that come up in the course of the exercise, attend to each data tool independently without missing any detail, ensure maximum confidentiality of the information in the data tools, ensure proper handling of the paper records.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all ACODEV Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of ACODEV and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Serves with Commitment
Respect for all
• Build Partnerships, transparency and Excellency.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of ACODEV and used by each staff working in emergencies to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
• Communicates strategically under pressure
• Manages stress and complexity
• Actively promotes safety and security
Job Requirements, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
- A Diploma in records management, IT or computer sciences.
- An additional Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Demography, Library and information science, Information Technology or other related fields is an added advantage.
- At least two years of work experience in project work and a good understanding of MoH policies, procedures and systems.
- Experienced in the use of software applications include Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skill with competencies in Data Analysis and Management.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem- solving ability.
- High level of integrity and ability to work with minimum supervision.
Personal Competencies: Planning, Proactive problem solving, Contributing to team success, Managing work, Building partnerships, Communicating with impact, Initiating action, Information monitoring, Adaptability, Stress tolerance, Respect for others, Integrity, Diversity,Excellence, Accountability and able to drive.
Required Travel: Willingness to travel 50% of the time to remote areas of the district.
Mode of Application
Application, CV and academic documents (attached as one document) be submitted by e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th November 2022 and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
DISCLAIMER; ACODEV is an equal opportunities organization and does not solicit any financial favors from candidates, therefore for any enquiries email your enquiries to email@example.com