Joint Medical Store (JMS) is a Church founded private not for profit organization whose mission is to supply medicines, medical equipment and related health care services of assured quality to the people of Uganda at affordable prices. JMS is therefore recruiting a qualified and experienced personnel for the following positions to join its dedicated team.
c. DIRECTORATE OF CUSTOMER SERVICES
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Duty Station: Arua
Reports to: Senior Warehouse Assistant
Directly Supervises: None
Directorate: Customer Services
Main purpose of the job;
Work in the warehouse and do stock management in accordance with the warehouse guidelines of processing Customer orders in a timely and accurate manner.
Key duties and responsibilities
1) Maintain the warehouse inventory stocks shelved within their assigned locations and
updated at all times.
2) Manage order processing through picking, consolidating, packing, registration and labeling of invoiced goods as per pick documents.
3) Do stock taking and daily stock reconciliation by carrying out cycle counts for all locations from which stock was picked and replenished the previous day, verify replenished stock and do bin verification
4) Maintenance of the warehouse in accordance with NDA set standards.
5) Do maximum compliance of health and safety guidelines and procedures at all times in the warehouse.
6) Comply with security checks, controls and measures to ensure stock accuracy
7) Comply with customer service systems, Policies, Practices and Procedures as per the JMS standards
8) Do proper management and handling of working tools (Forklift, Hand pallets and RF terminal, laptop…)
9) Move damaged and expired drugs and immediately report to a supervisor.
10) Dispose waste materials and engage warehouse cleaners to clean the warehouse as per the recommended warehouse standards.
11)Communicate with customer service team constantly for better planning on which order shall be required first.
12) Pro-actively liaise with the logistics team to process planned and emergency customer orders
• Degree or Diploma in any of the following; Nursing, Pharmacy, Clinical Medicine
• At least 1 years’ experience in reputable logistics or service industry
c. General Competencies & Knowledge:
• Numerical and analytical skills
• Honesty – Integrity and Dependable
• Flexible – ability to handle multiple tasks
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• MS Office proficiency
• Knowledge of SPSS & Stata
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical products and other allied health care products is a requirement
Only qualified candidates who meet all job requirements as indicated on the website are invited to submit their resume, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three (3) referees including their day time telephone contact and email address. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 10th August, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
Please forward your applications to:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration
Joint Medical Store,
P. O. Box 4501, Kampala.
Email to HRA@jms.co.ug
OR hand deliver your application to Joint Medical Store (JMS), Plot 1828 Gogonya Road, Nsambya’