Title: Drivers (3 positions)
Location: Country Office & Moyo
Reporting: Senior Driver
Salary Grade: Level 2
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Checks the vehicle to ensure no mechanical fault before driving.
- Drives ChildFund vehicles with due care and safety, taking into account prevailing weather and road conditions to avoid accidents.
- Transports ChildFund Country Office field staff to project areas.
- Ensures that punctuality and courtesy are always maintained.
- Reports faults and accidents immediately.
- Ensures that the driver’s seatbelt and those of the passengers are fastened before starting to drive.
- Strictly drives the vehicles to approved destinations.
- Ensures that the vehicle keys are always under safe custody to avoid duplication and theft.
- Ensures that the vehicle has a valid license, insurance sticks, perfect tyres and that they are serviced timely.
- Arranges vehicle for repairs and maintenance and undertakes all minor repairs and mechanical faults on the vehicle.
- Identifies and reports all major mechanical faults identified on the vehicle.
- Ensures that the vehicle is always kept clean in order to uphold the image of ChildFund and for the convenience of the users.
- Conducts daily inspection of the assigned vehicle and reports to supervisor.
- Supervises cleaning and repairs of vehicles at the washing bay and at the garage. Obeys traffic laws, regulations and also ChildFund policies and procedures.
- Observes speed limits at all times while driving.
- Ensures that the logbook is always filled and it is in the car.
- Respects and adheres to the policy implemented by ChildFund on the usage of ChildFund vehicles.
- Provides administrative support in filing, photocopying, binding documents, faxing, scanning etc
- Capable of undertaking basic vehicle repairs such as changing tyre, oil, greasing, fluids, battery and lubricants, wipers, lights, etc.
- Performs the driving duties in accordance with ChildFund rules and regulations. Helps with loading and offloading of goods or luggage on to the vehicle.
- Performs any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
A minimum of “O” Level (U.C.E) Certificate of Education with a clean valid driving license for classes B, C,D, E.
A Certificate in defensive driving, customer care and Public Relations is an added advantage.
Must be computer literate or be able to work with basic computer packages such as MS word, Excel, power point and internet.
A minimum of 5 years experience in a busy office especially in the NGO set up.
Be fluent in English Language, written and oral.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Cautious with defensive driving skills.
Presentable with excellent interpersonal skills.
Must be a person with initiative and high moral integrity.
A good team player.
Ready to work for long hours.
Adherence to CHILDFUND’s values